Date(s) - 03/02/2021
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Coming to Wycombe Arts Centre on February 3rd… the brand new Roundabout Creative Theatre!
What is Roundabout Creative Theatre?
An inclusive theatre group for anyone over the age of 17 who wants to have fun exploring and creating original local theatre.
The group will be led by Alison and Soobie, two experienced community directors who met whilst training at The Royal Central School for Speech and Drama.
The group will initially meet every Wednesday evening between 7.15pm and 9.00pm. More details to follow, but if you’re interested in finding out more, if you have any questions or if you want to reserve your place, please contact Soobie Whitfield and Alison Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to making theatre together!
Every Wednesday in February 2021 @ 7.30 pm
A series of four taster creative theatre sessions. The aim of these sessions is to give people the opportunity to experience creative storytelling through theatre online. Each session will have a different creative focus, but they will also build up to a final storytelling session on February 24th February.
Typical Session Overview
– Welcome, chat and introduction
– Check-In: This is where we say hello and respond to a prompt like “what would you most like to smell right now?”. Something to get us thinking (but not too hard!), speaking, moving a little and breaking the online ice!
– Theatre Games: One or two fun, interactive and laughter-generating games to develop communication, teamwork and imagination.
– Main Activity: This is where we can start to create theatre through a focussed activity based around a specific theme, idea or story. This might include time in small groups experimenting by bouncing ideas off one another and then coming back together to share some of these ideas.
– Check Out: Quick one word or phrase from everyone and any notices about next week.
Online Taster Week Themes
– February 3rd: Our Town: What’s in a Name?
– February 10th: If shoes could speak!
– February 17th: Mini-Me: Theatre from everyday objects.
– February 24th: Storytelling
Inclusivity: As an inclusive local theatre group, we aim to foster a supportive and safe environment for all our members, but at times we may not always get it right. Please let us know what would make the group more accessible to you. For example: Do you need childcare? A translator? BSL interpreter? Help with technology? We will review our practice regularly and see how we can improve.